Sunday, September 15, 2013

That was a fun week

I have to admit that Round-up week was fun. But I don’t think I will do it again for a couple of years.  We continued our week with more slack, the cowboy breakfast at 6 am one morning, Mike and I went to the rodeo on Thursday which is ‘tough enough to wear pink’ day..that was cool.  Friday was the Westward Ho parade.  No motorized vehicles can be in it so no stupid trucks.

001

This is the horse that they use in Happy Canyon (if anyone remembers that)

009012

I love all the traditional wear of the Indians that have been passed down.

007

I love to see all the bead work that they wear.  I had to laugh at the beaded Elmo the little girl is wearing.  (probably not passed down)

027

008016

I don’t ever remember 4 horses across before….and that is a real bull that was HUGE and tame.

Then we went to Saturday of Round-up. 

002

So this is Duane, his sister Carol, her husband Mike, Duanes brother Darrell, and Carols daughter Nicki.  They live in Welches (on Mt Hood) and had never been to the R-up.  Darrell lives in Union.

007008

They had a really cool flag ceremony and then the court jumps the fence and rides in.

014

I took this picture mainly because of all the cowboys with camera.  I happened to get a good bareback rider. 

030

Then all the Native Americans come on the arena for awhile.  It is really fun to watch the little kids dance.  There were 2 little boys that danced and danced the whole time.  Talk about energy.  Kaiya Spencer, a YW in our ward won 1st place in the Junior Indian Beauty pageant.  She is so sweet and always smiling and definitely very pretty.

The Rodeo clown is always the fun part of the day.  This guys was pretty funny.  He kept the ‘wave’ going around the arena, danced a lot, and was scared to death of the bulls.  That’s it for our week at the World famous Pendleton Round-up !!034

No comments:

Post a Comment