Friday, May 2, 2014

A week in the life of Duane

I thought people slowed down when they have a birthday but this week has been crazy busy…check it out.

Monday:  He has never liked the trampoline being in the way.  So….021022

he just dug a hole to bury it.  That is our backyard he is digging up ! So on monday he finished getting it just perfect and poured concrete for it to set on.

010

Tuesday: We ran to Portland to pick up cedar shakes to replace the back side of our roof on the house.  It was a beautiful drive around Mt Hood.

001

We got loaded and headed back and stopped in Welshes and saw his sister Carol and Mike. 

019

then….

005

The back tire on the trailer blew out right at the summit of Mt Hood and Duane had to change it and run to Hood River to get it fixed.  I sat with the trailer and read a book and enjoyed a beautiful day.  After 3 hours we headed on our way again.  This is Mt Adams.

034

Such a pretty day.

Wednesday:  He lined the trampoline hole with blocks so it would hold up good.  Looks so good but no one will ever see it.  (I actually cleaned out the pond with a shop vac to get all the leaves and mud out of it.  Who would have thought you could use a shop vac to make the job so easy ! )

035038

Thursday:  We went to La Grande and Mowed and fertilized the lawn at my house. (It’s never that easy…we had to load up the riding lawn mower and get it fixed first...of course).  Then we went and bought 6 steers.

040

Friday:  Finishing the block work around the tramp, putting the sprinkler system back in to adjust for a trampoline in the middle of the yard and then he is rototilling the garden.

042043

Seriously…I’m sunburnt, I have slivers, and I’m really tired.and I didn’t really do anything : O

2 comments:

  1. Wow, I'm tired just reading this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh, are the kids going to love that! That's a lot of work! And that is one shredded tire.

    ReplyDelete