So when we got back from Wyoming we had zucchini coming out our ears, cucumbers, and a lot of beans. Since then Duane just brought in corn to eat today and the majority will be ready next week. I made a lot of zucchini bread but it only took one of the huge zucchini so Jeff helped me out with the other 3 and said the boys would love a target that explodes when you hit it : )
Its hard to see that the corn in 8 feet tall, then its beans, cucumbers, tomatoes and the pumpkins are trying to take over everything.
August size pumpkin. looks like a big one.
Yesterday we had a bean snapping party. Can you tell how much fun we were having. Camille, Braidon, Seth and Grandpa.
I’ve never done beans in pints before. The cucumbers are just starting so it will be a good pickle year.
This is the coolest way to can. Outside so the whole house doesn’t get hot. It was a little more tricky to keep it at the right pressure but so worth it.
…and todays corn !
You guys have the best garden. Looks so cool seeing everything picked and canned already!
ReplyDeleteYour garden does look awesome. We have pumpkins growing everywhere. I think I might have given away at least 20 zucchini and our beans are going really good too except that most of them have been given away too. We have been so deep in this house project I haven't had time to think about canning. Maybe next week I can get with it. Some day we will have the outside set up for canning. I have always been jealous of that.
ReplyDelete