Every year this week we have corn day. The corn is ready and whoever can come, comes to help. We pick, husk, slice, and bag and try to have fun doing it. This year Melissa and family and Braidon, Seth and Camille were here to help. The corn was picked and ready to husk by 6:15 (Leslie we missed you this year. That is your job) It takes a couple of hours with everyone husking then its blanched and cut off the cob and bagged. Done by 10:30 this year. Record time !
Notice the important ingredients here. Wheelbarrow, cows, large pile of corn and willing huskers.
See the important role the cows play in this process.
I got out of husking because I was in the bean row. Darn things were ready again.
This is before the cutting started. The important ingredient for this process is bees !
This year Braidon and Karsten blanched, Duane Melissa and I cut, and Seth bagged. Taegan ate as many ears as she could. Camille entertained those not working. GREAT DAY. Missed both Leslie and Lindsys family.
Oh man! Matt would have loved to be there with the boys :) I should send you a picture of our 3 ears of corn. You would laugh.
ReplyDeleteno I wouldn't It takes a couple of days before you want to eat any of it. : )
ReplyDeleteIt looks like you guys did a great job taking over my job. I did miss not being there though. Looks like you are getting lots of beans too. I did get 19 pints canned of our beans. We still have tons left from last year too so I may not can much this year.
ReplyDelete